Oral health is a crucial aspect to determine the overall physical well-being of man. In other words, it is about the well-being of one’s teeth and the gums. Just like any other body part, our oral health can be subjected to disease and infection. At least, a tooth or two can get chipped or broken or an infection may result in swelling and pain in the gums.
Modern dentistry has made unbelievable progress in the recent times. Unlike that in the past, now it has become much painless and offers more effective results to almost any dental condition that may arise. As far as the problem of natural tooth (or teeth) loss is concerned, modern dentistry offers an amazing solution, in form of teeth implants.
According to oral health practitioners all over the world, the implants are not only the best but also the most realistic solution to teeth loss problem. The implants solution offers a host of benefits over any other treatment alternative. But before going any further on it, let’s get to know what these implants exactly are.
A short introduction to dental implants
An implant is an artificial tooth root, made from bio-compatible metals like titanium. It is surgically drilled into your jaws, at the empty socket of your missing natural molar. After the surgical wound gets filled up, an artificial crown is placed atop the metallic post. In course of time, the bio-compatible metal fuses with the bones and tissues of your mouth. Thus, dental implants treatments provide permanent solution to teeth loss. The replacement solution not only appears like your missing natural tooth but also functionally works as one.
The way oral implants prove helpful
Apart from providing with a practically feasible and lifelong solution to your teeth loss issue, implants prove helpful in many other ways too. Some of these include the following:
- Implants make the dentures in your mouth more secure, as well as comfortable.
- It automatically cancels the alternative of having removable partial dentures.
- It can also support a bridge in your mouth, provided you’ve lost more than one tooth.
Advantages of choosing the oral implants
There’re innumerable advantages that implants offer over the other conventional treatment alternatives. These can be summed up in following:
- Oral implants are very easy to maintain.
- You’ll lead a hassle-free life with this solution as compared to dentures, because you won’t have to take them in and out every day.
- You just treat your artificial tooth implant as your natural molar.
- The implant surgery is never a lengthy procedure; you get back home after a successful operation on the very same day.
- The post-surgery phase of recovery is neither too long.
- Unlike all other treatment alternatives, this one offers a lifetime solution to the problem.
- It helps to boost your self-esteem and you can easily reinvent the electrifying effect in your smile by availing this treatment.
- Dental implants also allow you to chew foods properly before swallowing.
Considering all these factors, it is obvious that popularity of this cutting-edge dental implant treatment is rising steadily in the society.
Author bio: The author of this article, Sanjiv Barnwal, is a well known SEO specialist in Kolkata. Recently, he was also involved in creating and publishing various videos online that reveal the entire search engine latest tips step-by-step.