The prostate gland is a small walnut-shaped gland which is present in the males, this gland is an essential part of the male reproductive system, as these glands produce the fluid which becomes the part of the semen which includes sperms which get produced in the testicles. Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that gets developed in the prostate gland. Prostate cancer can occur in about 1 out of 9 men in their lifetime, and it is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in men.
The prostate growth can be in two stages which are benign or non-cancer and malignant or cancer. The benign growth of the prostate is harmful but are rarely a threat to the life and can be removed by surgery, these don’t spread to the tissues and on other parts of the body while the malignant growth of cancer can be fatal, it can spread to other tissues and the cancer cells can travel through blood and spread to other parts of the body, even after it is removed it has a great chance of re-growing.
Risks Factors Which Can Cause Prostate Cancer
The prostate cancer has no such causes which were found but there are certain risk factors which increase the chance of the growth of prostate cancer which are as follows:
- Age: The risk of prostate cancer goes up as the men age, the studies show that some of the men have some amount of cancer cells in their prostate. Prostate cancer is rarely found in men in their early age. The damaged genetic cells which are likely to be formed are in the ages over 55. These lead to form a tumor in the men.
- Family History: The prostate cancer is likely to occur in men who had the cases of it earlier in the men of their family. A man has higher chances of having prostate cancer the father, grandfather, brother or the son already had it.
- Smoking: The chance of prostate cancer gets higher in men who are heavy smokers. Smoking causes more genetic cells to get damages hence, increasing a chance of prostate cancer. Smokers have twice the chance of growing different cancers including prostate cancer as compared to normal men.
- Diet: The type of diet and lifestyle play a vital role in someone’s health. Overweight people who have a higher calorie intake with complex fats and refined sugar have a poor lifestyle with no exercise have a much higher risk of getting prostate cancer.
Treatment For Prostate Cancer
In case you have the symptoms of prostate cancer then it is recommended to consult mejor urologo de cancer de prostata or a urologist. The prostate cancer can be cured and it has a proper treatment. Some cancers which grow slow need not require treatment and can be cured with proper medications, but some of them which grow at faster rates require necessary treatments such as:
- Localized Therapy: This type of therapy includes surgery, radiation therapy, cryotherapy, and focal therapy.
- Systematic Therapy: this therapy is a proper therapy that is done for high stages of prostate cancer and it includes chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and hormonal therapy.
Prostate cancer symptoms can be identified if they occur for a long time and these include pain in the pelvic area, painful ejaculation, pain in bones and blood in the urine. It is better to get yourself diagnosed by mejor urologo de cancer de prostate so that it can be diagnosed and treated in the early stages and reduce the risk of further complications.