Cosmetic Surgery focuses on enhancing facial and bodily appearance, improving its appeal, proportion, and symmetry. Cosmetic surgery procedures include Breast Enhancement, Body Contouring, Facial Contouring, Facial and Skin Rejuvenation.
Plastic Surgery, on the other hand, is a surgical specialization that concentrates on the repair and correction of facial and bodily defects due to trauma, burns, birth disorders and diseases.
Top 3 Plastic Surgeons in Turkey are,
Dr. Bulent Cihantimur is a Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery expert who has prolifically developed his own surgical techniques such as the Non-Surgical Treatment of Trigger Finger (defect in the finger tendon causing it to jerk when the hand is extended), Cihantimur Fat Transfer System (named after Dr. Cihantimur himself), Otoplasty without Incision (ear shaping thru a thread), Breast Reconstruction on Mastectomy and Patients without Implants (Autologous Fat).
He is member of The Turkish Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Turkish Reconstructive Micro Surgery Association, the Association of Maxillofacial Surgeons, Wound Care and Tissue Repair Society and the Union and the Turkish Medical Association.
He published about 60 international and 20 national articles along with numerous papers both in Turkey and foreign countries.
Prof. Gürhan Özcan is an expert nose, eyelid, breast and abdominal surgeries.
- Since 1995 — Private practice. Currently serves patients at Istanbul Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Center
- 1995 — Founding chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Başkent University Faculty of Medicine (Turkey)
- 1991-1995 — Assistant Professor at Hacettepe University Medical Faculty
- 1985-1988 — Plastic surgeon in the Department of Plastic Surgery at Baylor Medical School in Houston (USA)
- 1983-1985 — Plastic surgeon at the Çorlu Military Hospital (Turkey).
Societies and Associations your Plastic Surgeon should belong to:
- Aesthetic Surgery Association
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Society (EPCD)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- International American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (ISAPS)
- International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics and Science (IFATS)
- Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The European Association of Plastic Surgeons
- The European Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Turkish Medical Association
- Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association (TPRCD)
- Turkish Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery