Sciatica Surgery – best way to alleviate your pain
People experience leg pain for many reasons; however, the time pain originates from lower back or hip and reaches into the leg it may be Sciatica. In many cases, Sciatica goes away with conservative treatments, but in some cases, surgery is the only and best option left. Sciatica is a condition caused by irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve. We have two sciatic nerves in our body, one for each leg and are considered as the largest as well as the longest nerves in the body. Sciatica is a condition also known as lumbar radiculopathy is a condition in which the sciatic nerve becomes inflamed or else injured.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Injury or compression to Sciatic nerve can cause many symptoms of Sciatica, which ranges from mild to severe. Some signs are listed below:
- Leg cramping
- Back and neck pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Leg weakness or numbness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
There are many conservative treatments to get relieved from sciatica symptoms, which includes medications and proper rest. To get relieved from it, hot and cold therapies are also the best options to relax muscle pain. Physical therapy is one more option which helps to strengthen the back muscles.
In many cases where above listed conservative treatments do not help, surgery may be recommended by the best spine surgeons in India . some conditions comprising spinal tumors, cauda equina syndrome, and Sciatica in both legs may need an immediate sciatica surgery. This surgery is performed to eliminate painful symptoms along with the correction of the cause of Sciatica. This surgery totally depends upon the underlying conditions and depends on many other factors.
Best Spine surgeons in Mumbai for sciatica surgery
Dr. Devesh Dholakia- Orthopaedic – spine surgeon
- Has an experience of more than 26 years and Working at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- His specialization includes MISS (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery), LISS (Least Invasive Spine Surgery), Non-fusion technique/ motion preservation spinal surgery, Deformity Correction, Advanced Spinal Surgery, Revision Spine Surgery as well as Treatment of Failed Back.
Dr. Vikas Gupte- Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
- Has more than 24 years of experience and working at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- He is amongst the finest surgeons in performing Minimally Invasive as well as Endoscopic Spine Surgeries
- One of the few surgeons in India to perform special surgical treatment for Disc Disorder (PELD, MED) Microdiscectomy.
- He also underwent Specialized International Clinical fellowship Training in Minimal Invasive and Endoscopic Spine Surgery at Seoul, South Korea.
Dr. Abhijit Pawar- Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
- Having more than 11 years of experience and working at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital
- performed 800+ successful spinal surgeries
- Worked in Hospital for Special Surgery in NY, USA, ranked number one for orthopedics in the USA, for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery fellowship.
Dr. Mihir Bapat- Spine Surgeon
- Having more than 18 years of experience and currently working at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
- operated more than 7500 spine surgeries
- on Karmakar Gold Medal, Pandurangi Award for Best Resident in Orthopedics, IOACON Appreciation Award, and many more.
Dr. Abhay M. Nene – Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
- Has more than 16 years of experience and currently working at New Age Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
- Gained proficiency in the field of spine surgery in the USA, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Singapore
- interest includes vertebroplasty, Disc replacement surgery, Spinal deformity corrections, scoliosis correction, cervical spine instrumentation, microdiscectomy, reconstructive surgery for osteoporotic fractures.
Dr. Uday M Pawar – Spine Surgeon
- Has more than 12 years of experience and currently working at Global Hospital, Mumbai
- Treats Sports Injury to Spine, Pain Management Guidance as well as Back Rehabilitation Solutions
- Perform Day Care Spine Surgery, Minimal Access Surgery, along with Outstation Surgeries at precise locations in Maharashtra.
Dr. Manish Kothari- Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
- Has more than 8 years of experience and working at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Specializes in performing Micro Endoscopic Spine Surgery, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, and Complex Spinal Reconstruction for Degeneration
- Also provide treatment for, Infections, Fractures as well as Tumors, Advanced Correction of Spinal Deformity, and carry out Scoliosis and Kyphosis Lateral Access Lumbar Spine surgery.
India has some of the Top 10 spine surgeons in India to help you out, so stay updated and stay healthy.