Dr Atma Bansal is a renowned Indian Neurologist specialized in Epilepsy. Presently, he is associated as Associate Director with Institute of Neuroscience at Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon. His expertise lies in the Epilepsy Surgery, Advance Reporting of Electroencephalography, and Comprehensive Care for Epilepsy. He has received training from premier epilepsy centre, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum. During his Epilepsy Fellowship, he managed nearly 1000 cases of epilepsy. Dr. Bansal is one of the core team members of Epilepsy Surgery Case Selection Team. He has international publications and presentations in his name including a chapter on primary reading epilepsy in the international book on atlas of epilepsies.
- M.B.B.S: Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut (U.P), 2001
- M.D.: Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut (U.P), 2005
- D.M. (Neurology) : Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum, Kerala, 2008
- PDF (Epilepsy): Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum, Kerala, 2010
- Senior Consultant: Institute of Neurosciences at Medanta Medicity
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Indian Epilepsy Society
- Indian Epilepsy Association
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Epilepsy Treatment
- Video EEG
- Advance Reporting of Electroencephalography
- Comprehensive Care for Epilepsy
- Foot Drop
- Spinal Tap
- Brain Mapping
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Shunt
Epilepsy- A Neurological Disease:
Epilepsy is a chronic condition which causes recurrent seizures. A seizure occurs due to a sudden rush of electrical activity in the brain. There are mainly two types of seizures present i.e, Generalized Seizure and Partial Seizure. Generalized seizure affects the whole brain whereas partial seizure causes damage in one part of the brain.
Reasons behind the seizure:
- High fever
- Head trauma
- Low blood sugar
- Alcohol withdrawal
Epilepsy is a common neurological disorder that affects nearly 65 million people across the globe. It occurs more in young childrens and adults and the ratio in males is higher in comparison to females. Epilepsy is not curable but it can be treated with medication and proper workup plan.
Tips To Achieve Your Goals By Dr. Atma Bansal:
- Be Committed towards your goals.
- Maintain a record of your work.
- Consistency is important.
- Be focused and determined.
- Face the challenges in your path positively.
- Accept the failure in a good way.
- Always keep yourself motivated.
- Always help others and yourself too.
If you’re searching for an illustrious Indian Neurologist, visit Vaidam.com to book an appointment with Dr. Atma Bansal and get yourself treated at the best place.
Write By: Kirti Vardhan
|Kirti vardhan, a bibliophic by habit, completed Biotechnology engineering.|
|She possesses a keen interest in research and content development. She is very inquisitive and loves to create small memories to harbour and cherish. She is selectively extrovert and crazy about penning down poems and motivational anecdotes.|