Hair transplantation is defined as the surgical procedure in which the hair is implanted into the balded portion of the hairs. Generally, for the hair transplantation, the surgeon removes the hair from the back of the person’s head and implants on the bald area. Before the hair transplantation, the scalp is numbed by giving local anesthesia to the person. After transplanting the hair, it is also advisable to take some medicines to avoid pain, swelling, and infections to the patient.
There are two procedures for hair transplantation. Known by the name of slit graft and micrograft. Each graft of slit graft has four to six hairs, whereas each graft of the micrograft has two hairs. This process is used according to the need for patient’s baldness.
One of the main reasons for transplanting hair is that the individual’s self-confidence is increased which has been lost due to baldness. Although baldness is not a matter of shame, but due to baldness the beauty of the person’s face worsens. So, the people with baldness undergo hair transplant in order to get back the shine and charm of the face.
By now, you must be understood that what is the need for hair transplant. But still, there are few other things too whose answer should be known by you like what is the success rate of hair transplants, what is are the possible side effects of hair transplant which the patient can experience, etc. Therefore, to help you out in this, we have mentioned the complete information about Hair Transplant success rate and side effects in the below article. Do check it out before undertaking a hair transplant.
Hair Transplant Success Rate
“Doctor, is it worth to have Hair Transplant for Hair Regrowth?” – is one of the most frequently asked questions by the patients before undergoing the hair transplant surgery. So, here are providing you the answer to this question that “Absolutely, hair transplant works”. There are different factors which a vital role in regulating the success rate of a hair transplant like what is the nature of hair, which method was being used for hair transplant, what is the age of the patient, Is the patient suffering from any other disease, etc.
Depending upon the answer of these questions, the success rate of a hair transplant is being determined. As per the recent studies and results, it is being found that about 85-95% of the grafts which are being implanted to the recipient’s site results into a successful growth. By these numbers, we can say, hair transplant treatment is a successful method which one can opt for hair transplant. But keep a note that the success rate of hair transplant varies from person to person. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with the respective surgeon for better knowledge on this.
Side Effects of Hair Transplant
The different kind of side effects which the patient can experience after hair transplant are as follows:
- Hemorrhage and Infection: Hemorrhoids usually occur due to inexplicability on the head. Therefore, it is advisable to have an experienced cosmetic surgeon before performing such surgery. The use of inappropriate and dirty equipment can often be such a possibility. This can also happen if surgery is done in an improper place.
- Itching: Itching can be fierce even if it is not properly taken care of. This itching is due to the scalp on the head. Although, this problem can be corrected by shampooing in a regular interval of time. But if the problem persists, it is advised to consult with the doctor.
- Wounds: This type of side effect by hair transplant is being experienced by the person who has undergone sprint plantation. This mark can sometimes be fierce, especially when hairstyles are short.
- Ulcer: Cyst or Ulcer occurs when the roots of the hair get damaged and the skin gets absorbed underneath it. It is of a pimple size. However, the cysts are never fatal. But it should be shown to the doctor without delay.
- Swelling: People having a poor skin tone usually complains of swelling on their head. However, it can be overcome through expert advice. If the inflammation increases, it starts to appear clearly on the eyes and the forehead.
- Pain: Although, it is common to experience a little pain after the hair transplant.
So, these are the hair transplant side effects. Hope you are now well aware of the Hair Transplant Side Effects, Survival Rate, and its need. Furthermore, if you have any query regarding hair transplant cost, treatment, procedure, do ask them by commenting in the below section.