Before talking about treating dry cough it will be good to know what is coughing. Coughing refers to a natural reflex that clears the throat and also the lungs from certain irritants. If you have infrequent cough then there is nothing to worry about as it is absolutely normal and you need not be concerned about it. But having a frequent persisting cough can be a sign of an underlying medical condition that needs to be treated. Dry cough, also known as tickly cough is mainly caused due to the presence of irritants in your throat and this kind of cough generally does not bring any mucus or phlegm. Dry cough causes a prickling sensation in your throat. Even the doctors classify dry cough into chronic where coughing usually lasts longer than 8 weeks and acute where coughing is not so frequent but can be infectious.
Cause of coughing
Acute coughing can be caused due to both infectious and non-infectious agents.
- Infectious coughing refers to the acute cough that may include viral respiratory infections, sinus infections, pneumonia, severe bronchitis and also whooping cough.
- Acute cough which is of non-infectious type can be triggered due to chronic conditions like chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma etc.
Symptoms of coughing
As far as the symptoms are concerned, an infectious coughing is accompanied by chills, fever, body aches, sore throat, vomiting, nausea, headache, running nose etc. the presence of sputum or phlegm can be the indication of an infection. Sometimes it is hard to identify the symptoms of cough and know whether it is infectious or not. It may be due to some underlying conditions or allergy as well.
Ayurvedic treatments for dry cough
Ayurvedic treatments are always considered to be safe and effective from a very long time. Ayurvedic medicines are made from medicinal herbs and other natural ingredients. Torex Cough Syrup Company has some of the most effective ayurvedic cough syrups that can treat dry cough effectively. You can try out the following ayurvedic home remedies to treat dry cough as well.
- You can drink warm milk with turmeric and honey before going to bed at night. It is very effective in treating dry cough.
- You can also consume turmeric powder with honey three times a day until the dry cough tends to reduce.
- Lozenges containing licorice is also very helpful in giving relief.
- You can also use aniseeds while making tea or coffee.
- Ginger is very good in treating dry cough. You can intake ginger with honey or you can boil ginger and you can mix honey to the filtered ginger water and drink it. You can directly chew small ginger pieces with some salt in it.
- Chewing tulsi leaves are also effective in treating dry cough.
According to the doctors dry cough is usually a non-productive cough. You can most certainly go for Torex Herbal cough syrup which works like wonder. Many of you may not want to rely on allopathic medicines because of its side effects. So, in this case you can try out these ayurvedic cough syrups or the ayurvedic home remedies also.